Almost time for the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis 2012, 100 mile ride
It has been far too long since I’ve blogged here on BicycleTips.com, hopefully I can pick up the pace here pretty soon. Natalie and I are just over 48 hours away from our 100 mile bike ride in Davis California for the Team LIVESTRONG Challenge. We both haven’t ridden near enough in the past two weeks, but hopefully we are still ready for the ride. We did put in a training ride up in Vacaville a few weeks ago (strava route) and a climbing/raining ride in Maui during our vacation earlier this month (strava route).
This afternoon at lunch I ran to REI and picked up some things for the weekend including:
- New gloves for me (old pair is pretty much falling apart)
- Bottle cages for Natalie (had to get a pair that matched the ones on my bike)
- Timbuk2 Goody Box Bike Accessory Case , after the 100k ride we did back in May (never blogged about that one, strava route) I have decided not to take a backpack, it was pretty much useless. This stem back from Timbuk2 will handle the few items I want to carry along.
- Park Tool Chain Gang Chain Cleaning System - CG-2
- Chamois Butt'r 10-Pack Skin Lubricant to try to fend of saddle sores
This evening I got home, cleaned and lubed Natalie’s chain, and then used the Park Tool system to clean the chain on my bike (her chain was much cleaner as it has far less use on it). The Park Tool system worked amazingly, if you are looking for a chain cleaning solution for your bike, I highly recommend picking it up. (buy now Park Tool Chain Gang Chain Cleaning System - CG-2)
We are heading up to Davis on Saturday morning, to get checked in, and get to our hotel for hopefully a good night’s rest. We are staying at the Davis Days Inn, which happens to go for $1500/night (if you search on Priceline). We got a room for ~$75 using the name your own price, a savings of 95%!